tH and R Collective is a small batch, hand poured home fragrance company that specializes in soy wax candles. We are based in San Clemente, California (The Spanish village by the sea).
tH and R is a Husband & Wife team. Dale and Maureen Rehberg are the soul reason this brand is here and they are working very hard to make the best products for the best people. The name "tH and R" comes from a combination of their last names. Maureen's last name is ter Horst (Dutch of course) and Dale's last name is Rehberg and together they become tH and R Collective.
We hope that by adding one of our tH and R products to your lifestyle, either as a spiritual exercise, to invigorate and motivate, as a stress reliever or to just add the warm glow of a flickering candle to uplift your "GEZELLIG" mood, that you are experiencing the cozy feeling we wrap up in each and every product we send out. Small Batch | Hand Poured | #matchtowick and enjoy.
Why Soy Wax you may ask yourself, well Soy Wax is a vegetable wax derived from soybean oil. Our Soy Wax is grown and produced here in the USA. After soybeans are harvested they are cleaned, de-hulled, cracked, and rolled into flecks. Oil is then extracted from these flecks and hydrogenated. In the process, unsaturated fatty acids present in the oil are saturated, thereby dramatically altering the oil's melting point. It then solidifies at room temperature.
- Soy wax is derived from a vegetables, (soy beans), while it's counter partner, paraffin wax is derived from petroleum (a refined gasoline product).
- Soy wax is a natural, renewable resource.
- Soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water.
- Soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax and because of this, soy candles will burn slower or longer than paraffin candles.
- Soy wax burns with zero petro soot, creating petro soot free candles. Paraffin candles burn with petro-soot and can be harmful.
Maureen comes from the Netherlands. It is her goal to make sure that everyone understands what "GEZELLIG" is...it kind of starts with a candle. Dale is originally from the North woods of Wisconsin. Having lived on the West Coast for most of his life, he now considers himself a Californian. Together Dale and Maureen would like to share with the World some of the great scents that are available and to offer premium home fragrances with premium ingredients for all to enjoy.